Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Aarav is walking!!!!

At 1.5 year old, Aarav was still not walking independently. I had started worrying!!
I had started wondering if his ear problem had anything to do with him not being able to walk.. without any evidence of course, but couldn't help it.
 
I read more than a dozen baby sites to gather milestones information.
According to few websites, Aarav should have been walking months ago.. (Yikes!!!)
Few sites said its ok to highlight it to the doc if he still doesn't walk by now... (Ok I need to meet Aarav's doc soon!!!) 
Some even said its ok to wait till he's 2!! (Thank you!!!!)


Assuming (more like hoping wishing praying) that the ones who said its ok till he is 2 years old are correct, I thought I could give him some more time.. (at least till his next doc appointment that was on this 21st.. more on that soon)
But lo and behold!!
Last Friday evening, we were having a lazy evening. Aarav was sitting in my lap, just relaxing.
Suddenly, out of nowhere, he just stood up, and magically started walking!!!
He had been cruising for months (6+ mnths) now.. But 'walking' was only by holding on to a finger or pushing his trike..
And almost everytime he fell and bumped into something or fell into something.. (remember he fell in the toilet pot???)
So after months of unsuccessful attempts, finally, Aarav got it!!! Friday was a big pleasant surprise. 
Now he wants to walk allllll the time.. He even gets up in the middle of the night and starts walking.. (I just hope he keeps his eyes open because mine arent...at least till he bullies me awake) 
Even falling and bumping into things is not stopping him now !!
Yay!!!I am Happy!!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hooo...Congrats!!! Now I am sure you have all the more running to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I am going to have to super-baby-proof my house now that he is walking :)

      Delete
  2. a baby's first steps are always an emotional thing .. hope you took enuf pictures .. :) ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!

    My little ones both walked later than many, but it didn't slow them down once they started! They were just too cautious to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...